How I Love My New Style After Cancer Diagnosis

Written in May 2018.

Its funny isn't it, my look was seriously altered after I lost my hair and I feel like I've finally found my style. Not to blow my own trumpet but...ah what the hell toot toot!

I was worried initially when I thought about my hair falling out, but weirdly enough it made me embrace change in such a positive way.
I bought new clothes because my weight was gaining,  new make up because my skin was changing, tried out different cuts of clothing, bought funky coloured wigs.
All of the things I probably wouldn't have done before cancer.



I look at myself now and sometimes flick through old photos that come up on my Facebook throwback and start to compare, and I think 'wow....was that me'.

I'm 6 months post chemo, my hair has grown a few inches. Ive dyed it pink, my eyebrows are thicker, my body curvier. Within a year I transitioned into this person that I really actually do quite love.

I never thought I'd even get to the point of looking 'normal' again. Losing everything that me ME, and hardly recognising this sick person I had to look at everyday.

I made sure self care was at the forefront of everything I did. Face Masks, foot baths, painting my nails, all little steps to try and educate my brain into recognises every aspect of my new self.

It wasn't an overnight process.

I went from crying sometimes when I caught myself in the mirror to laughing about how much I resembled uncle fester when speaking to friends.

The process of this fast change was surreal, my brain couldn't keep up with my body but I had to quickly train it to adapt and accept.

Once I accepted what I looked like, I got creative. I got stronger and I didn't care what people thought. I sadly had the diagnosis the world fears, but I became fearless. I was stronger than cancer.

If you follow me on instagram you'll know that this girl loves to shop!
The changing room welcomed me every time and trying things on with my pink wig one week then with my white wig the next was amazing . I loved it and I still do.

Regardless of prognosis, today I'm living for me.
We don't know any of us, what the future holds, but today I know that I'm still breathing therefore I'm going to try and look my best regardless of occasion because when I look good I feel good.











Comments

Post a Comment

The Latest on Instagram

Popular posts from this blog

5 Tips For Returning To Work After Treatment

We've Moved!